Monday, November 10, 2008

Modeling with Flaws and Scars

Yes you can model with flaws, scars, and imperfections. You do not have to be so picture perfect but things you should have are:

Nice skin
Energy
Personality and a nice one.

I wrote an article on Backstage about my own flaws and you can read that here.
Recently a girl on Myspace asked me about her scar and if it would effect her chances to get modeling work? This was my answer:


When it comes to your scar, maybe you can use it towards your advantage. Do you use any scar creams?

Maybe contact some brands, and you never know...ever thought about modeling for a scar cream?

We all have scars, they are stories, not a negative thing. My sister has a big one on her back from surgery but it looks like her initials so it is cute.

I have a gap between my teeth, and a scar on my eyebrow, and you know I really either don't focus on it, or I focus on ways I can use it towards my advantage.

Sure some bitchy modeling agent at some stuck up modeling agency might say "go fix your scar" but you know what...screw that shit. There are other agencies and there are plenty that would love to work with an ambitious model and one that has personality. So love who you are. And photoshop can fix anything!

I would focus on getting headshots, and nice smiling shots. And submit them to commercial print modeling agencies. Make your unique'ness something sellable and usually the more you believe in you, the more other people do too. I hope this helps.

isobella

No comments:

Petite modeling source for advice and tips on modeling and modeling photos and inspiration for the petite models.